About the SCPA
The Southern Cross Postgraduate Association’s (SCPA) mission is to advance and defend the rights and interests of all postgraduate students enroled at Southern Cross University; and to enrich the quality of the postgraduate student experience at SCU.
The association will achieve this through:
- Providing a strong and constructive voice for SCU’s postgraduate and honours student cohort, by representing them effectively on relevant SCU committees and decision bodies;
- Providing information, advice, referral and advocacy support to SCU’s postgraduate and honours students;
- Supporting the health and welfare of SCU’s postgraduate and honours students through exceptional circumstances financial assistance to eligible students;
- Providing advanced skills training workshops and other online training resources to SCU’s postgraduate and honours students;
- Providing an annual research and practice conference for SCU’s postgraduate and honours students;
- Providing other professional, social and orientation events to SCU’s postgraduate and honours students;
- Supporting postgraduate and honours study groups at SCU;
- Actively participating as an affiliated member of Australia’s national postgraduate peak body, the Council of Australian Postgraduate Associations (CAPA);
- Maintaining a strong and accessible office presence at all three of SCU’s major campuses, as well as developing a visible and effective online presence.
Membership of SCPA is open to all postgraduate and honours students currently enroled at SCU and – wait! – there’s more! – membership is absolutely free of charge.
So why wait- join now!