SCPA PRAXIS 2018
Travel Subsidy Policy
The SCPA only provides a subsidy and does not cover all costs.
What is covered:
- 2 x night’s accommodation (Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th) for presenters who are required to travel outside the Gold Coast region. Those requiring accommodation outside these dates will need to make payment for additional nights direct with the hotel.
- Bus and train fares at the lowest discounted fare for presenters.
- Commercial airfares fully paid at the lowest comparable price for presenters.
- Private vehicle mileage calculated at 11 cents per kilometre from the presenter’s home address to the Venue (Gold Coast Campus) return. Distances will be calculated from Google Maps or other comparable travel/distance calculator.
What is NOT covered:
- Transfers to/from airport or to/from Accommodation or to/from Venue.
- If you choose a more expensive type or carrier of transport, you must pay the additional costs.
- Additional night’s accommodation either side of Tuesday 19th & Wednesday 20th June for presenters. Any additional accommodation will need to be paid direct with the hotel.
- Drinks/meals outside what is offered within the PRAXIS program for Wednesday 20th and Thursday the 21st
- You must be a presenter at the 2018 SCPA PRAXIS Conference and have completed your presentation within the PRAXIS program.
- Is only offered to those presenters who are required to travel outside of the Gold Coast region.
- You must be an SCPA member, membership is free. If you aren’t already an SCPA member, please complete an online membership form .
- You must complete the 2018 PRAXIS Travel Subsidy Claim Form
Applying for a travel subsidy & payments:
The 2018 SCPA PRAXIS Conference Travel Subsidy is administered through the SCPA. To apply please complete the travel subsidy form and email to email@example.com including PDF copies of all receipts. The SCPA will endeavour to reimburse all travel subsidy claims to your nominated bank account once the conference is complete and within 15 working days of receipt of the claim.
Postgraduate Student Loans:
Should you require further assistance with out-of-pocket expenses please remember that interest free student loans are available upon application through SCU Student Loans.