Centrelink can provide:
- Disaster Recovery Allowance for eligible people in Lismore, Tweed, Gold Coast and Logan
- One-off crisis payment equivalent to one week’s normal Centrelink entitlement
Ring 180 22 66 or visit www.humanservices.gov.au/disaster
Red Cross are providing a free support line for eligible people facing personal hardship as a result of the recent floods. Ring 1800 018 444.
- NSW Government Disaster Relief Grants are available to replace essential whitegoods, appliances etc.
- Sorry, but no assistance is available to cover food spoilage, however you are recommended to throw out all food that may have been in the fridge during the flood.
- It is recommended that you take photos of all damaged goods for which you may need assistance to replace.
- The Lismore Recovery Centre will be operating this week at 120 Dalley Street.
- The Murwillumbah Recovery Centre will be operating this week at Nullum Street.